Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Basic Java App with Android Studio

As the semester is coming to a close in console I chose to create a basic mobile application in Java. I have done some Java in the past however never for Mobile device. So looking at this I decided to try using Android Studio which had some reviews and go through the first tutorial. First looking at how easily the program linked with my nexus was great. Many applications I have used they have ran into some step where my computer and the nexus wouldn't connect and this walkthrough went through great.

From there I opened and created my first project. This is great between the XML and Java, they work so smooth together it is easy to define strings in the XML and than use them with your program using @ after defining it. I went through the basic Activity screen via the parent process so that one would call the other.

This took a bit and some steps on the walk through were left out or confusing, but the application went smooth and at the end got a basic app, that takes the text of the user and than outputs it into the other activity afterwards. Overall this was very fun and I see myself continuing the tutorial both for understanding Mobile development from something other than Unity and Action-script (All I have done in the past.) Also it will help me develop better Java skills, which I have written very little Java as a whole, and have heard many good things about the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment