Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Physics Rigid Body


Currently coming into the final Project, I ran into several problems and the largest one was time. Currently I have created the Rigid-Body, that knows a correct Update and has a gravity generator so the rigid-Sphere will fall. As well I have gone through multiple narrow checks in a collision detector class, that takes into sphere to plane all the way to box to box. However with my system as it currently can only take into an account for Sphere creation boxes in order to get textures I would have to create a whole graphics System. OpenGL has a nice sphere that allows easy texture adding in the basic functionality. My goal in the next few days is a hope of at least getting the collision detection and resolution for the ground. Currently there is Sphere to plane collision check. So I would need to give the Ground a CollisionPlane, and the Rigid-Sphere a CollisionSphere that it could check during frames to see when they collide. When they collide they create a collisionData. These Data's all get kept and than resolved every frame. This way if there are none, you do none, and if there are a 100 you do all 100. I also need to have a max and figure out per frame what are the most important and what can be put off til the next update. Doing 1k collisions per frame could hinder performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment